Job ID: 270854142
Job Location: San Leandro, CA
- Requisition #: 270854142
- Job Category: Operations
- Operation: Operations – San Leandro, CA
- Job Group: FT Supervisor
- Job Grade: 20C
- Job Code: OPSV
- Relocation Assist Available: No
- Location: San Leandro, CA 94577 – San Leandro
UPS Freight, a leader in the LTL trucking industry, is currently seeking an Operations Supervisor to produce maximum profit while providing excellent service to the customer. This individual oversees and is directly involved in more than one of the following operations; dock, P&D, and Road Dispatch, including, but not limited to, customer service, productivity, quality freight handling, claims prevention, load average, and safety.
This person will be responsible to:
- Manage, plan, organize, and direct all employees assigned to them
- Manage and implement security and loss prevention procedures
- Prepare and manage safety procedures in accordance with Company, OSHA, and DOT guidelines
- Prepare and implement action plans to ensure the service center achieves planned productivity, load average, cube utilization, and service targets.
- Work with Central Dispatch to develop a line haul plan to effectively and efficiently move freight to destinations within Company service standards
- Schedule employees in accordance with hours planning, the Company’s run bid process, and service requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- U.S. citizen or otherwise authorized to work in the U.S.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous dock operations and/or supervision experience within the transportation industry